Use the Trapezoidal Rule to approximate the area bounded by the graph of
f(x) = cos3(x)
between x = 0 and x = 3 and the x-axis. Use N = 6
(from the University of Arizona):
- After starting up the program, you are prompted "Would you like some
instructions?" Use the arrow keys to move to either Yes or
No and then press .
- If you choose Yes then read the instructions and press
when you are ready to proceed.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight Create Integrals and press
- Use the arrow keys to highlight Create Integral and press
- At the prompt, Enter integrand:, type
- At the prompt, Lower x limit : -10, type
- At the prompt, Upper x limit : 10, type
- Use the arrow keys to move to Plot Integrand (Rectangle) and press
- At the prompt, Minimum y : -10, type
- At the prompt, Maximum y : 10, type
- You will now see the graph of the function.
- Note that n=5. If you press uppercase
then n is increased by 1 to 6.
- Press for Trapezoid and you
will get the following: