Use Simpson's Rule to numerically approximate the area bounded by the graph of
f(x) = cos3(x)
between x = 0 and x = 3 and the x-axis.
(from the University of Arizona):
- After starting up the program, you are prompted "Would you like some
instructions?" Use the arrow keys to move to either Yes or
No and then press .
- If you choose Yes then read the instructions and press
when you are ready to proceed.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight Create Integrals and press
- Use the arrow keys to highlight Create Integral and press
- At the prompt, Enter integrand:, type
- At the prompt, Lower x limit : -10, type
- At the prompt, Upper x limit : 10, type
- Use the arrow keys to move to Integral Operations.
- Use the arrow keys to move to Simpson's Rule and
- If you keep pressing then
you will eventually get the following: