Use the Midpoint Rule to approximate
with N rectangles where N = 10 and 50.
- Choose Beginning Calculus from the initial menu and press
- Use the arrow keys to move to the menu item Riemann Sums, press
- At the prompt F(x) =, enter the formula
- Enter the bounds at the prompts
- x_0 = 0
- x_1 = 2
- Using the arrow keys, move to F(Midpoint) and press
- (*) At the prompt for the number of subdivisions, N = , enter
- You will see the the graph of the function and the approximating rectangles:
you will see the calculations up to that point.
again and use the arrow keys to move to Change N Only and press
- Return to (*) and enter N = 50 and proceed
You will see the following table at some point: