Use the Midpoint Rule to approximate
with N rectangles where N = 10 and 50.
(from the University of Arizona):
- After starting up the program, you are prompted "Would you like some
instructions?" Use the arrow keys to move to either Yes or
No and then press .
- If you choose Yes then read the instructions and press
when you are ready to proceed.
- Use the arrow keys to highlight Create Integrals and press
- Use the arrow keys to highlight Create Integral and press
- At the prompt, Enter integrand:, type
- At the prompt, Lower x limit : -10, type
- At the prompt, Upper x limit : 10, type
- Use the arrow keys to move to Plot Integrand (Rectangle) and
- At the prompt, Minimum y : -10, type
- At the prompt, Maximum y : 10, type
- You will now see the graph of the function.
- Each time that you type uppercase
the value of n will be increased by one and by typing lowercase
you will decrease n by one.
Proceed to make n=10.
- Press to pick the midpoint method
and you get the following: