Plot the graph of the relation
x2/3 + y2/3 = 8
and the graphs of the tangent lines to this curve at the points (8,8) and (-8,-8).
- Choose Beginning Calculus from the initial menu and press
- Use the arrow keys to move to the menu item Graph F(x,y)=c, press
- At the prompt F(x,y) =, enter the formula
x^(2/3) + y^(2/3)
- and use the bounds
- x0 = -25 x1 = 25
- y0 = -25 y1 = 25
- At the prompt, N = , enter 1
- at the prompt, c_1 = , enter 8 You will then see the graph of this relation.
- Press .
- Use the arrow keys to move to Superimpose and press
- At the prompt, F(x,y)=, type in
- At the prompt N= just enter 2
- at each of the following prompts, enter
- c_1 = -16
- c_2 = 16