Plot the graph of the relation
sin(x + y) = y2 cos(x)
and calculate the derivatve.
- Choose Beginning Calculus from the initial menu and press
- Use the arrow keys to move to the menu item Graph F(x,y)=c, press
- At the prompt F(x,y) =, enter the formula
sin(x+y) - y^2 cos(x)
- and use the bounds
- x0 = -4 x1 = 4
- y0 = -3 y1 = 3
- At the prompt, N = , enter 1
- at the prompt, c_1 = , enter 0 You will then see the graph of this relation.
- Press and
- Use the arrow keys to move to Implicit Differ.and press
- Use the arrow keys to move to F(x,y)=0 and press
- At the prompt F(x,y)= just press
(the equation is still stored in the
computer - just beneath the latter prompt you should see
F(x,y) = Sin[x + y] - (y^2) Cos x).
- After a little delay, you should see:
-- = - ----- , where
dR/dx = Cos [x + y] + (y ^2) Sin x
dR/dy = Cos [x + y] - 2(Cos x) y