Draw the graphs of the function
f(x) = |x|
and its derivative on the closed interval [-2,2].
- Press the GRAPH key and then pick \y(x)=
by pressing the F1 key.
- If necessary, keep pressing the F4 key until only
\y1= appears on the screen.
- Be sure that PLOTS 1, 2 and 3 are turned-off.
- At the prompt \y1=, type in
and press the ENTER key.
There are two ways to enter "abs" :
- Press 2nd MATH, then F1, and then F5.
- Or, you can simply type in "a" "b" "s", but be sure you use lower case lettering.
- At the prompt \y2= , type in
You can simply type in "der1" or it can be found by pressing 2nd CALC and then F3.
- The WINDOW settings for the graph above is  [-2, 2] × [-3, 3]:
Go to the WINDOW menu by pressing 2nd M2.
- Press the F5 key to pick GRAPH from the menu. You should see the graphs
This page was created with the help of Chris O'Brien.