Objectives: In this tutorial, we find the derivatives of the six
trigonometric functions. As an application, we look at examples of the
product and quotient rules using the trigonometric functions. After working
through these materials, the student should be able
- to derive the formulas for the derivatives of the trigonometric functions; and
- to differentiate functions which involve trigonometric functions.
- First, we need to evaluate the following limits:
- We now have the following differentiation formulas:
- Drill problems on using the product rule.
- Drill problems on using the quotient rule.