Given the family of functions
f(x) = |2a - x|
with parameter a, draw the graphs for the parameters a = 0, 1, ..., 4.
- Prepare the program for graphics.
- If the first menu item is Algebra then press .
- Press for Author.
- Enter the family of functions
vector(abs(2 a - x), a, 0, 4)
- Press to Expand the expression.
- Press twice to get the graph.
- If necessary, we will need to zoom in or out to get a good view of the
graphs. To zoom in or out, press .
- We are now given the choice whether to zoom in or out and whether to
do this just on the x-axis, y-axis or both. Use the
spacebar to choose among the latter three options. Press
to make a choice between zooming in or
out. Again, pressing lets you
pick one of these two choices.
- Press .
- Repeat the previous three steps if necessary.