Using Derive, graph the following function
There is a built-in function which will let us construct the function f.
- Prepare the program for graphics.
- If the first menu item is Algebra then press .
- Press for Author.
- Enter the first function
(-3-x) chi(-inf,x,-2) + 2 x chi(-2,x,2) + (x^2-4x+3) chi(2,x,inf)
- Press twice to get the graph.
- Depending upon whether we had used graphics earlier, we may need to zoom
in or out to get a better picture of the graph. To zoom out,
press , press
, change the direction to out, if
necessary, by pressing the and now
- If necessary to zoom in or out some more, press
many times is needed to see a "complete" graph.