Index of /software/multi-platform/Kash/KASH_2.2.4.DOS_WIN_OS2
Name Last modified Size Description
Parent Directory 21-Feb-2001 22:04 -
kash22ae.bin 04-Dec-1999 17:04 195k
kash22ad.bin 04-Dec-1999 17:04 1.4M
kash22ac.bin 04-Dec-1999 17:04 1.4M
kash22ab.bin 04-Dec-1999 17:04 1.4M
kash22aa.bin 04-Dec-1999 17:03 1.4M
kash22.zip 04-Dec-1999 17:03 5.7M
grp.zip 30-Sep-1999 18:20 1.3M
winzip95.exe 24-Sep-1999 10:31 693k
from our ftp site. Download i(and install) winzip95.exe
if unzip.exe is not installed on your system.
(2) Unpack KASH using the commands
copy kash22aa.bin/b+kash22ab.bin/b+kash22ac.bin/b+kash22ad.bin/b+kash22ae.bin kash22.zip
OS/2: unzip kash22
DOS: pkz204g and pkunzip -d -o kash22
WIN95: double click kash22.zip in the Explorer
WIN-NT: double click kash22.zip in the Explorer
which creates a directory named KASH_2.2 including some subdirectories.
In the sequel, let us assume, that the complete path is C:\KASH_2.2.
If you're using OS/2 simply go into the Kash_2.2 directory
(wherever it's located) and type
This should add an icon to your workplace (Arbeitsoberfl"ache).
To start KASH simply double click this icon.
Add C:\KASH_2.2 to your path variable
and define the environment variable KASH
by adding the line SET KASH=C:\KASH_2.2\LIB.
In addition, you should add a line
SET EMXOPT=-c -s20000 -p
(3.c) Windos 3.1
Same as DOS
First, lets try a shortcut: just double click on
(using the explorer). If you're lucky, thats it, otherwise
we'll do it the hard way:
If you are adventurous, you should try the NT installation. If
you're successful, the resulting interface is much nicer.
This is complicated, since I don't know how to program the install
wizard/shield. If anyone
- succeed in installing kash under WIN95
- know's how to do this using an free-install program, I would
really like to know about it. I would make it part of the official
Back to work.
The problem in the following installation process arises from the fact
that WIN95 istallations are likely to be different, i.e. the
menu's have a different number of entries, the names differ widely
depending on the language, ...
I will give the proper names of the menu-items in Deutsch and English
(special thanks to Jonathan Sands for the English translation and
F. Xavier Noria for the Spanish version)
- Start the WIN95 explorer and open the directory containing kash.
We'll asume this is C:\KASH_2.2
- single click with the RIGHT mouse button on rsx.exe
- activate "Create shortcut" or "Verkn"upfung" or "Crear acceso directo"
(the first item in the third block of this menu)
Now you've got a new file, named
"Shortcut to rsx.exe"
"Verkn"upfung mit rsx.exe"
"Acceso directo a rsx.exe"
- single click with the RIGHT mouse button on this new file
and activate the "Properties" "Eigenschaften" "Propiedades" menu,
- a "note pad" should appear, having 6 pages called
"Programm", "Memory", ...
"Programm", "Speicher", ...
"Programa", "Memoria", ...
- open the "Program" "Programm" "Programa" page and change the
"Cmd line" "Befehl" "Linea de comando" (?)
from "C:\KASH_2.2\RSX.EXE" to
"C:\KASH_2.2\RSX.EXE -c -Rx -Rs20000 -Rz KASH -l LIB"
After everything is working, you should activate the
"close window on exit"
"Bei Beenden schliessen"
"Cerrar al salir"
- open the "Memory" "Speicher" "Memoria" page and change the DPMI entry
to 65535 (you'll have to enter the number by hand)
- click OK and try to execute (open) the new file by
double clicking with the LEFT mouse button.
If you see the KASH-logo - OK it's working. If not, (SHIT)
and you have no clue about the reason, please send us a mail
containing at least the complete error message appearing on the
for a step-by-step introduction.
- Start the WIN-NT explorer and open the directory containing kash.
- execute Kash.exe
for a step-by-step introduction.
If you encounter any problems please mail to
We will try to help you immediatly.
(1) Database support is not available in the DOS / OS/2 version.
(2) There's a problem factoring really large integers.
(3) Under NT, the help is not available.