Sui Cheng, Amanda Kelly and Simon Maunder
Department of Applied Mathematical Studies
University of Leeds
Leeds LS2 9JT U.K.
Funded by the HEFCE, SHEFC, HEFCW and DENI under TLTP
Copyright University of Leeds 1993-1995
TRANSMATH is a Self-paced Computer-based learning
system to bridge the transition from A level (or equivalent) mathematics
to 1st year undergraduate level mathematics. It is designed to
help students who need to review some or all of the A level mathematical
topics. Many of the examples and virtually all the exercises are
generated at runtime. In addition, there are many animated examples.
The current program covers
- Elementary Algebra
- Complex Numbers
- Introduction to Functions
- Sequences and Series
- Calculus - Differentiation and Integration
- Ordinary Differential Equations - 1st Order Separable and
Linear ODEs, Applications, Initial Value Problems and Constant
Coefficient 2nd Order ODEs.
- Numerical Methods - Trapezoidal Rule, Simpson's Rule, Euler's
- Matrices - Transformations and Advanced Matrices
- Vectors - Introduction.
Can be interfaced with Mathematica (2.2.2) for error checking
and feedback in exercises.
(modified from the documentation)