of Interest to Mathematicians
| Although these sites are not
dedicated to mathematics, they do contain a significant amount of
mathematical materials or have some other significant interest for
mathematicians. Note the acknowledgment
at the bottom of this document.
Scientist - Computers and Mathematics Articles
- The Austrian Academy of Sciences
- Automated Reasoning Project, at
the Australian National University
- The ARP is a department in the Research School of Information Sciences and
Engineering at the Australian National University. Our ``mission'' is to conduct
research into pure and applied logic, as a mathematical, philosophical and
computational discipline and to implement logical procedures in software;
to provide postgraduate education in the subject areas of this research; and
to foster cooperative research with Australian and overseas groups whose aims
- Center for Teaching, Learning, and
Writing, Duke University
- The Center offers both resources and services to Duke's teaching community.
Part of their mission is to provide arenas for serious discussion about issues
regarding teaching. To facilitate this, they make papers, articles, and letters
with pedagogical themes available electronically.
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- German Scientific
- These pages provide general access to local scientific computing information
in Germany and is sponsored by the special interest group on scientific computing
( Fachgruppe Scientific Computing ) of the Deutsche
- Graphics, Visualization, and
- The GVU Center was established by Georgia Tech in 1991 in recognition of
the central role of Graphics, Visualization & Usability in the future growth
- Institute for Mathematical Behavioral
Sciences, UC Irvine
- The Institute for Mathematical Behavioral Sciences is a specialized research
center to facilitate interaction and common research goals among scientists
whose purpose is to precisely formulate and test theories of human behavior.
of Mathematics and Computer Science in Medicine
- Institute for Scientific
Computation, Texas A & M University
- The Institute for Scientific Computation is an interdisciplinary research
center devoted to the applications of digital computing in mathematics, engineering
and applied science.
- An Introduction
to Scientific, Symbolic, and Graphical Computing
- This is the entry point to material associated with the book An Introduction
to Scientific, Symbolic, and Graphical Computing, written by Eugene Fiume
and published by AK Peters. Software
associated to this book is also avialbale.
- Laboratory of Mathematical Biology,
National Cancer Institute
- Learning through Collaborative Visualization
- National Academy of Sciences
- The National Academy of Sciences is a private, nonprofit, self-perpetuating
society of distinguished scholars engaged in scientific and engineering research,
dedicated to the furtherance of science and technology and to their use for
the general welfare. Upon the authority of the charter granted to it by the
Congress in 1863, the Academy has a mandate that requires it to advise the
federal government on scientific and technical matters.
- National Science Foundation
- The National Science Foundation (NSF) is an independent agency of the Federal
Government established in 1950 to promote and advance scientific and engineering
progress in the United States. The Foundation does this primarily by sponsoring
scientific and engineering research and education.
- Operations Research Resources
- Physics Servers and Services Around
- This site at McGill University contains a large number of links to WWW resources
- SC-CM - Stanford University
- The Scientific Computing/Computational Mathematics Program is part of the
School of Engineering at Stanford University and offers the graduate degrees
of M.S. and Ph.D.
for Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics
- Statistics and
Statistical Graphics Resources
- This page provides a topic-based collection of available WWW resources for
statistics, statistical graphics, and computation related to research, data
analysis and teaching, now containing over 280 links.
- A system for distributing statistical software, datasets, and information
by electronic mail, FTP, gopher and WWW.
- W. M. Keck Center for Computational
- This server is run by the Department of Biochemistry and Cell Biology at
- The World-Wide Web
Virtual Library: Educational Technology
- This is a long list of links to various sites related to Educational Technology
which is maintained by TECFA ("Technologies de Formation et Apprentissage"),
a teaching and research unit within the School of Psychology and Education
(Faculte de psychologie et des sciences de l'education), University of Geneva.
- The World-Wide
Web Virtual Library: Statistics
- WORMS - World-Wide-Web
for Operations Research and Management Science
Acknowledgments: Many of the descriptions
of the sites given above are taken or abstracted from information provided by