with Mathematical Links
| The following is a collection
of WWW sites which have a significant organized collection of links
to mathematical sites on the Internet which would be of interest to
university and college faculty and students and professional mathematicians.
Check the acknowledgment at the end
of this document.
- This link is the
mathematics collection of BUBL. The BUBL Information Service is funded as a
national information service by JISC, the Joint Information Systems Committee
of the Higher Education Funding Councils of England, Scotland and Wales and the
Department of Education for Northern Ireland. BUBL originated as the BUlletin
Board for Libraries, more about which is available on the BUBL gopher. BUBL now
provides an information service to the academic and research community more
generally, with much of this taking place via the BUBL Subject Tree.
- Cellule de Coordination
Documentaire Nationale pour les Mathématiques
- CTI Mathematics, University
of Birmingham, UK
- CTI Mathematics, based in the School of Mathematics and Statistics at the
University of Birmingham (UK), is one of 24 subject-based centres working to
encourage the use of learning technologies in UK higher education. Here you
will find software reviews and articles, mailing list information, contact
addresses, and links to a wealth of mathematical resources worldwide.
- EDU2 :MATHEMATICS
- EINet Galaxy - Mathematics
- Florida State
University - The World-Wide Web Virtual Library: Mathematics
- This site was
one of first to organize links to Mathematical sites on the WWW.
- Math Forum
- Formerly called the Geometry Forum, the Math Forum has as its goal
to build a community that can be a center for all who have an interest in
mathematics education. They work towards this goal in several ways:
hosting of newsgroups, organizing a collection of links to various mathematics
resources, and involvement with the development and evaluation of Internet math
- Math-Net Links to the Mathematical World
- The Math-Net Links are a first collection of about 700 mathematical
resources and related pointers into the Internet consisting of
- Math-Web, the core collection - ordered by subject - of pointers
to the mathematics information resources, including the field of
- Math-Net, a collection - ordered by locations and names - of links
to mathematical institutions, centers and larger research
projects, at present most of them from Germany,
- The Mathematical Museum and Expositions, an extension of the
Math-Web into History, Art and Natural Sciences, with a couple of
exits to related virtual museums and exhibitions,
- Electronic Publishing, a collection reflecting discussions on
electronic publishing in mathematics, and also various pointers to
activities and projects related to the more general Digital
Libraries thema, and of
- Internet Resources, containing some pointers to specific Internet
archives which may be of value for the mathematical Internaut.
- Mathematics on the Web
- This site, organized by the American Mathematical Society, contains a
significant collection of links.
- Penn State University - Mathematics Information Servers
- This site is recognized as having one of the best collection of links to
- World of Mathematics and
- SIAM's comprehensive list of mathematics-related Web servers, FAQs,
bibliographies, software repositories, newsgroups, etc.
- Yahoo is a database of WWW servers; this is a connection to their
Acknowledgment: Most of the descriptions
above were taken from the listed sites.